Peter Gassner is an Austrian-American businessman and the founder and CEO of Veeva Systems, a cloud-based software company that provides solutions for the life sciences industry. He was born in Wolfsegg am Hausruck, Austria, in 1965.
Gassner was raised in Austria and received his education from the Vienna University of Technology, where he earned a degree in computer science. He began his career at IBM, where he worked on the development of the DB2 database system. Later, he joined PeopleSoft, where he served as chief architect and general manager of PeopleTools.
In 2002, Gassner joined Salesforce.com as senior vice president of technology. After four years at Salesforce, he saw an opportunity to apply cloud-based technology to the life sciences industry. In 2007, he co-founded Veeva Systems with Matt Wallach, Doug Ostler, and Mitch Wallace.
Under Gassner’s leadership, Veeva has become a leading provider of cloud-based software for the life sciences industry. The company’s products are used by over 1,000 pharmaceutical and biotech companies around the world. Gassner is a recognized expert in the life sciences technology industry and has been featured in publications such as Forbes, The Wall Street Journal, and The New York Times.
- Co-founded Veeva Systems, a leading provider of cloud-based software for the life sciences industry
- Named one of the “Top 25 Technology CEOs” by Forbes
- Recognized as a “Silicon Valley Visionary” by Ernst & Young
- Awarded the “Technology Pioneer Award” by the World Economic Forum
- Veeva CRM: A cloud-based customer relationship management (CRM) system for the life sciences industry
- Veeva Vault: A cloud-based content management system for life sciences regulatory documents
- Veeva Clinical: A cloud-based clinical trial management system
Gassner’s net worth is estimated to be over $5 billion.
Social Media Presence
Gassner is active on LinkedIn, where he has over 10,000 followers. He is also on Twitter, but he does not have a large following.
Gassner is married and has two children.
Hobbies and Interests
Gassner is an avid skier and hiker. He also enjoys reading and spending time with his family.
Gassner is a supporter of several charities, including the American Red Cross and the World Wildlife Fund.
- Vienna University of Technology (degree in computer science)
- IBM (developer of the DB2 database system)
- PeopleSoft (chief architect and general manager of PeopleTools)
- Salesforce.com (senior vice president of technology)
Veeva is constantly developing new products and services to meet the needs of its customers. The company is currently working on a new platform that will enable life sciences companies to connect their data and insights across the entire product lifecycle.
Style and Fashion
Gassner is known for his understated style. He typically wears suits and ties.
Gassner does not have a large fan base, but he is respected by his peers in the life sciences industry.
Political or Social Activism
Gassner is not known for his political or social activism.
- Gassner is fluent in German and English.
- He is a passionate advocate for the use of technology to improve healthcare.
- He is a recipient of the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award.
Tattoos and Body Art
Gassner does not have any tattoos or body art.
Gassner is a frequent speaker at industry events and has written several articles on the use of technology in the life sciences industry. He is also a board member of Zoom Video Communications.